Popularized off the Northern California and Western Canadian coastlines, ‘Mooching’ is a very successful open water technique utilizing a single action, disc drag type of reel with monofilament line. Introduced in 2013 after a year of what must have been the most brutal field testing we’ve ever experienced, for 2017 Abel has upgraded the Mooching reel to be even better. The large arbor Abel Mooching reel has become a favorite among guides demanding a product that stands up to their daily abuse throughout the season without a need for maintenance.
- Spindle and frame cap assembly are precision machined from a single piece of 303 stainless steel, complete with Abel® logo mill engraving
- Reel frame, spool, drag knob and foot made of 6061-T651 cold finished Aerospace grade aluminum
- Constructed with the patented “smooth as silk” cork drag system
- Reels are fitted with an oversize aluminum milled drag knob specifically designed for the demands required by the mooching angler
- The spool is coupled with counterbalanced aluminum double handles to eliminate the slightest vibration during a fish’s long, high-speed run
- Made in USA